Friday, May 8, 2009

Till The Final Buzzer Goes // Chapter Five

"Don't you think you're rushing things?" Serena asked as she plopped down next to me on the couch to watch the 'Hawks game against the Senators.
"Maybe. But I really like him, and he like's me, so we're just going to see how it goes." I shrugged.
"But, you know nothing about him." She stated, frowning.
"Sure, but eventually I'll get to know him." I said, focusing on number 19 on the screen. I tried to focus on the game, but for some reason I just couldn't pull my eyes away from Jon. He was so graceful as he skated across the ice, and so focused on the play on hand. I was hypnotized.
"Helloooooo?! Earth to Kayleigh!" Serena said, waving an arm in front of my face.
"Sorry." I muttered.
"I just think it's a little fast." She sighed as they zoomed up on Jason mouthing off to the refs.
"You realize you're being a total hypocrite. It took you and Jase what? Three days to end up in bed together?" I retorted.
She shoved my arm, knocking the remote out of my arms. 
"Ow! Geez, just pointing out the facts!" I said, rubbing my arm, "What do you have against Jon anyways?"
"Nothing! Nothing, I'm just looking out for you. I know how those guys get."
"Sure,  but Jon and I are just dating, relax."
"Yeah, well, from what Pat's told me, it's a little more than that." 

I felt myself blush. Oh god, I thought, That's right, we just about had sex on Pat's couch.

"I don't get you, Serena. A couple days ago you were all for me and Jon being together, now you've gone completely in reverse." 
"I'm still for you guys being together, but it was just all too fast for you." She said, smiling as Jason scored, "I mean, I thought you'd at least go on a date before he goes second base with you."

"I still don't know where this all came from," I said, shaking my head, "I mean, one minute Brent was asking me out, and the next Jon was kissing me and telling Pat that we've been dating for the past THREE MONTHS."

"Yeah, that's kinda weird," Serena said frowning, "Sure, he likes you, but why'd he lie to Pat?"

I just shrugged and stuffed more popcorn in my mouth as Patrick scored to tie the game at two. 

"I have a theory," Serena gushed, excitedly.
"Spill."
"I think Pat likes you. That's why Jon lied, because he knows."
I spat my Coke out of my mouth, shocked.
"Noooo." I said, my eyes wide.
"Uh, yeah. It makes sense, doesn't it?"
"Noooo."
 That was all I could manage to get out of me. It did make sense, but I didn't want to admit it. I'd have to talk to Jon and Pat when they got back from their road trip.

Awkward.


No comments:

Post a Comment