Monday, May 18, 2009

Till The Final Buzzer Goes // Chapter Six

I stepped out of my car and walked jumpily towards the welcoming gates of the airport. I was picking up Patrick from the airport and I was a little nervous to see Jonathan. I waited impatiently be the gates, my foot tapping on the ground.

"Excited to see him again?" Sarah, Patrick Sharp's girlfriend, asked.
"You could say that." I said, avoiding eye contact.

I held my breath as I saw Jonathan walk towards me, smiling. Watching him a smile couldn't help but wash over my face. Was it even possible to feel this way about someone I had just started dating? He came up next to me and wrapped me into a hug, leaning down and kissing me ever so gently on the lips. 

"I missed you," he murmured into my hair, making my heart stop.
"I missed you too," I responded meekly. He pressed his lips to mine again, and pulled me into a deeper, more passionate kiss.
"I mean, I really, really, missed you." He whispered again. 
I laughed and pulled away from the kiss to look into his eyes that looked filled with happiness at the moment. He was so endearing. Everything about him made me want to melt. I moaned as he crushed his mouth against mine yet again, sending my heart into a beating mess. I turned my head ever so slightly so I could see Patrick's reaction, and sure enough, there it was, pure jealousy. I didn't want to deal with that at the moment, I just wanted to fall asleep in Jon's arms. I was so serene with him, whatever Pat was feeling didn't matter at the time. 
"Is it possible," I murmured, "That I'm in love with you, and we haven't even been on a real date?"
"I think it probably is." Jon stated, "Because I'm pretty in love with you." 
And with those words, I felt butterflies in my stomach, which is a cliche, but true. I was weak in the knees and I stumbled a bit, but he caught me. 
"Yeah," I said, standing on my tippy toes to kiss him, "I'm in love with you."
Jonathan's smile grew wide and he kissed all down my neck, making me feel almost nauseous. 
"I want to take you out," He said, pushing a strand of hair behind me ear, "Like, on a real date."
"I would love that." I said, beaming. 
"Tomorrow then," he whispered placing a kiss on the tip of my nose. 
"Tomorrow it is."

1 comment: